SLOW COOKER CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE RECIPE
This easy slow cooker corned beef and cabbage recipe is a must-try for St. Patrick’s Day or any day of the year! Tender corned beef, cabbage, carrots, onions and potatoes all cooked to perfection makes for a delicious and effortless meal. You will feel like you found the pot of gold!
I love meals that can be thrown in the crock pot in the morning and forgot about until it is time to eat. This is one of those recipes. This is also a complete meal in one, which means no side dishes to worry about!
Slow-Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
Prep Time: 20 min Cook time: 8-10 Hours Yields : 6 Servings
- 1 corned beef brisket with seasoning packet (3-4lbs)
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 3 cups water or beef broth
- 2 lbs potatoes , quartered
- 2 large carrots , chopped
- 1 small head of cabbage , cut into wedges
- Place onion, potato, and carrots in the bottom of a 6 qt slow cooker. Top with corned beef and seasoning packet.
- Pour water or broth into slow cooker until it just about covers the corned beef.
- Cook on high 8-10 hours.
- Two hours before serving, add cabbage to the slow cooker.
- Remove corned beef from slow cooker and let rest 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve with the cooked vegetables.
Brisket is a naturally a tough cut of meat, so proper cook time is essential. If your meat is still tough after cooking, simply allow to simmer longer until meat is tender. Once complete, you will also want to allow your corned beef to rest about 15 before slicing . Cut against the grain of the meat for the most tender and juicy slices! This meal can be enjoyed by itself, with Irish Soda Bread or you can try this Best Homemade Bread Recipe as an accompaniment.
If you are really “lucky” you may even have a little left over brisket for sandwiches later!
Comment to share some of your favorite Irish inspired meals! We would love to give them a try!